Tuesday, May 12, 2009

"It'll be good. It'll be like going home!" - The 88

I'm going home today! YAYAYAY! I'm very excited for summer to begin. Not only will I get home-cooked meals and my bathroom back, but I have a great job, Brewers games, Summerfest, camping, a trip to NY, my brother's wedding to look forward to; it's going to be an amazing summer! It's time to kick back, relax, and enjoy the next few months.

This morning Sara and I packed up everything in our room and loaded my car. The room looks strange now. It's funny how a whole year can be packed up in a matter of a few short days. The girl who will be living in our room next year came to check it out yesterday...so it's official: it's not ours anymore.

Sometimes while I'm in the moment, I get stressed out and forget all the great things that are going on in my life. But looking back on this year, I feel really proud and happy about everything that happened. I interned in the Admission office, I spoke to several new groups for Speakers Bureau, I got nominated for a national graduate study scholarship, I kept my grades at a 4.0, I joined ADPi, and I landed a great job for the summer. (Haha, looks like a lot happened.) But all of that wouldn't matter if I didn't love the people around me. This year, I made a bunch of new friends, and my pre-existing relationships have grown stronger. Right now, I feel like I have it all!

I can't wait to be revitalized to come back for another go-round next year. Talk to you soon!

No comments: