Monday, May 4, 2009

The end is near!

This past weekend was Springfest. It was SO much fun! A Dave Matthews cover band and "Reel Big Fish" played, and they were both a blast. Also, a couple of my friends threw pies in my face for charity. It was a fun, good, and warm day! I'm so happy that I can finally say this: summer is on it's way!

It's not just the weather that's making me think of summer, it's also because the semester is finally coming to an end. Today was my last day of three of my five classes, and tomorrow is the actual last day of class for everyone! It's exciting, but also a little bit scary to think about all the stuff I have to do before I leave.

I packed most of my room yesterday and sent it home with Mark. It's weird now...the walls are white and my futon is gone...BOO! But, I also finally feel like I'm going to be leaving soon. And, it's a relief to know that most of my packing is complete.

I have four finals. Poetry on Thursday, Philosophy on Saturday, American Public Address on Monday, and Contemporary Literature on Tuesday. It may sound like a lot, but even though I technically have four finals, three of those are "take home" exams. Basically, that means I have three papers to write and only one actual exam (that's the life of an English major). Tomorrow, I have to dig in on papers and studying.

It won't be all work and no play for me, though. I'm going to be saying goodbye to some of my best friends, so I'm planning on having a fantastically fun-filled week!

No comments: