Monday, November 17, 2008

A few new things:

The dance team is going to St. Thomas, MN this coming weekend for a competition! I'm really excited not just to compete, but to hang out with the girls for the weekend. Travelling with them is always so much fun. As preparation, we performed our "Viva la Vida" routine at a women's basketball game this weekend. Now we're working out some of the kinks this week in practice, and we should be set to go by Friday when we leave!

I'm also in the process of writing a big research paper for my Mark Twain class. Our assignment was to choose one piece of Twain's work and analyze it in comparison with his life, cirticism of the work, and other pieces he wrote. It may sound boring, but I've been learning about this guy all semester, so I'm looking forward to drawing some conclusions of my own.

I had to take my car in to Cliff's to be worked on. It's going to put me more than $600 in the hole to fix everything (ball joints, tie rods, etc.). It stinks, but I know that I'm not getting ripped off because Riponites, staff, and faculty have all given me good reviews.

It's starting to get colder, and that scares me. Now that I live in the Quads, it's a little bit further to walk to and from class (not that I really have any reason to complain). I think I better buy a warmer hat.

No comments: