Thursday, December 11, 2008

Christmas is coming!

Today is my last day of work before break. I have class tomorrow, but no finals until Thursday and Friday, so I'm going home to do some Christmas shopping and make some presents!

Last night was Joyce to the World, and it was so much fun! We all meet in Great Hall where there's an ugly sweater competition, cookie decorating, ornament making, card-making, and where President Joyce reads us a Christmas story. We all sit on the floor like little kids! It's a womderful escape from the last week of classes and finals coming up.

Today is also the last day of a few of my classes for the semester...Organizational and Business Communication, Speaker's Bureau, and my Mark Twain class. It's also a fairly long day. I had to dig my car out of the snow so that the parking lot can be plowed, I'm at work from 8-10, Org. Comm from 10-12, lunch break from 12-1, Speakers Bureau from 1-2, Mark Twain from 2-4, Communication workstudy meeting at 4, Admissions Christmas party at 5, packing to go home tomorrow, and finally a comedian at 9 (which I'm SO excited about!). So as you can see, it's a long day, but it's also going to be really fun!

I can't wait to go home just to be around our Christmas decorations. The college decorates for Christmas, but I'm so used to our decorations at home! When I leave I'm going to miss sitting by the Starbuck on my comfy couch...next to the fire place and Christmas tree where I can always be found drinking hot cocoa, and reading. That's definitely my favorite place on campus! I think I'll spend some time there tomorrow before I head home for the holidays!

No comments: