Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Ripon College...land of opportunities!

My Speakers Bureau (speech practicum) professor, Jody, just sent me an email asking if I would be willing to fly to Texas (all expenses paid for) in March to speak on behalf of Speakers Bureau and Students Against Violence Everywhere (SAVE)! I'm so stoked about it! SAVE is one of the national non-profit organizations that the communication department here at Ripon College partners with. Not only does it benefit the organization, but it gives students like me a chance to practice real-world speaking skills for the good of others. Since it's my first semester in Speakers Bureau, I expected that I would have to wait for some of the bigger opportunities like this one. Instead, I've been offered some of the prime speaking egagments our group has had this semester. WOW! That's all I can say!

No comments: