Wednesday, April 8, 2009

It's a beautiful day...and I'm getting old!

The sun is shining, the birds are chirping, and it's slightly....WARM! Yes, I said it!

I'm so happy because I finished a poetry paper I've been trying to get through for weeks. I've never had such bad writer's block. Every time I sat down to write that paper, I couldn't think of ideas....at least not good ones. I talked to my professor several times, and each time I realized what I shotty idea I was bringing to him. But, alas! It is finished...and I think it's good. We'll see when I get my grade back. Speaking of grades, I also received my second American Public Address exam back today...another 100%! I felt awesome after that.

Tonight I don't think I'll be doing much, or at least I hope not. I want to just relax and hang out with friends. It's been a stressful couple of days, especially since I made a list today of all the big projects I have before the semester ends in four weeks...this is scary, take a look:
1. Write a 6 page Contemporary Literature paper.
2. Write a 7 page American Public Address paper in which I define and justify criteria for the greatest piece of American rhetoric, and select a speech that fits my critieria. Any contraditions within the paper result in an "F"...P.S. this is worth 15% of my overall semester grade.
3. Write a 5 page philosophy paper.
4. 25-minute group presentation for Contemporary Literature.
5. 25-minute group presentation for Poetry Aloud.
6. Speaker's Bureau in-class speech.
7. Speakers Bureau presentation about cyber-bullying to the local Kiwanis group.
8. 4 page reflection of the semester for Speakers Bureau.

That list doesn't include thing I have to do for finals...three of which are final papers and one of which is an exam. YIKES! I just want to play outside forever! It's truly scary how fast the end of this semester crept up on me. I have no idea where the time went. In fact, I still feel like I'm 16 and only have my learner's permit. When did I trun 20?

Well, enough reflection for the day. I need to go soak up some of the nice weather!

No comments: