Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Busy? YES!

In my Organizational and Business Communication class we've been putting together cover letters and resumes since school started. We had to find a job that we're actually qualified to apply for and craft our resums and cover letter around the specific job. Yesterday was sort of the culmination of everything we've done in class so far...our professor brought in people from the community and Ripon alumni who interview for a living and had each of us do a mock interview with them! Even though I was nervous, I can say that I honestly to appreciate the opportunity. The last time I interviewed was to get a job at Starbucks, and that was five years ago. It felt really good to have a practice interview, and to see what I'm doing in class applied to something in the real-world.

I also worked in Admissions, had a meeting to come up with ideas for the Comm. Department Newsletter, and went to my English class. Then I went to an Alumni Seminar. What is that? About three times every semester the Communication Department brings back alumni to talk to the dept. majors and minors about their experiences after college and how their degree at Ripon served them well in the workforce and personally. Seminars are always really relaxed and it's good to hear from someone on the other side of college who's made it through! The majors always have lots of questions! Then I went to dance from 7-9. The last thing I did before bed? Sat on the floor and ate pizza with my friends after a long day. Then to my wonderful bed :)

No comments: