Tuesday, September 2, 2008

I'm Back!

For those of you who don't know me, my name is Sarah Hopkins and it feels great to finally back in Ripon for my second year of school! After just one week things are starting to really pick up speed. It's strange how quickly this all began to feel like my normal routine again...seeing all the girls who lived on my floor last year and on the dance team is so much fun! When I arrived at Ripon last year as a freshmen it was a huge adjustment for me. To move from Racine, WI which has a population of about 90,000 to Ripon, WI with only 7,600 is a huge change! Still, somehow now that I'm here again it all feels like second-nature...as cliche as it sounds, Ripon has become my "home-away-from-home" and it feels great!

Classes are much harder than I expected, and I'm much busier than I anticipated. I'm a Communication Major, and I'm also an intern for the Comm. Dept. Needless to say, both in and out of the classroom I've been working very closely with my professors! On top of that and the Ripon College Dance Team, this is my first day working in Admissions! So far, this semester is a lot of writing, speaking, and organizing...all of which I LOVE to do! Other than being busy, busy, busy, it's really HOT! Thank God we have four fans in our room :)

No comments: