Friday, March 13, 2009

Spring Break is so close I can feel it!

Only one more class and spring break will officially begin for me!! ...well, kind of. I'm staying here tonight because I'm taking a practice GRE exam at UW-Oshkosh tomorrow from 9-11:30. It's the general entrance exam for graduate school, and since the practice exam is free tomorrow, I'm going. I haven't done any prep for it, but hopefully it'll let me know where I stand and how much I need to do before I take the real exam. Reminds me of my ACT days...

After that, I'm going home! Break is much-needed at this point. My mom has a steak dinner planned for tomorrow night (steak is my favorite thing next to chicken). While I'd like to think it's all for my return home, I know it's partly because my mom is having a surgical procedure on Monday and can't eat anything on Sunday. But still, it's a nice thought :)

My roomate, Sara, is leaving for California in a couple of days. I hate her for it. That's where she's from, so she's going home and is really excited about it. But I'm mad. It's warm enough here not to wear a winter jacket, but it's definitely no California. Maybe I'll just pull a Parent Trap manuver, pretend to be her, and steal her flight home! No, in all the movies the parents always get upset about that...I guess I'll just deal with WI until it gets warmer.

No comments: