Monday, March 30, 2009

Here's the scoop...

So...

I heard back from the golf course about this summer. It looks like they have everyone coming back from last summer to work, so they're not hiring anyone for this coming summer. On the plus side, I just heard back from the school district I'll be working for. I'm going to be getting paid $15/hr. for 6 weeks, 24 hrs/week. I thought I was going to be making more with the school district and I really wanted to get the job at the golf course, but all in all I'm happy. Funding for the summer school program literally just got cut today. I guess I'm lucky I still have a job at all!

ADPi Formal was this past weekend. It was SOOO much fun! I felt radiant in my dress and had a really good time with my friends. It was definitely an experience! I have some pictures that I'll post when I get home tonight (which, because of my Monday night class won't be until 9:30...merh!).

I also had one of my first meetings for Panhellenic Council (Panhel for shirt) this Sunday. Panhel is the governing body for all three sororities on campus, and I got elected as treasurer a couple weeks ago. It was good to have a meeting to figure out what my duties are and what everyone else's job is as well. I'm really looking forward to being a part of the council.

Additional news? I took the first part of my second exam for American Public Address today and I'm pretty positive I rocked it!

Also, my best friend JoAnn who is also a sophomore at Ripon is apparently reading my blog and is sad that I haven't included her at all...so let me just share a little anecdote with you. This weekend JoAnn and her boyfriend Alex went to the store to buy milk. When JoAnn and Alex arrived at the store, they found that the milk in the cardboard carton was $.50 cheaper than the milk in a plastic jug. Herein lies the predicament: JoAnn always buys milk in a jug because she thinks its more sanitary (it closes better, she claims), but Alex made her buy the milk in a cardboard carton to save $.50. Today JoAnn has a stomach ache. She blames Alex for making her drink cardboard carton, unsanitary milk. Do you get the feeling that she's ridiculous? Good, you're spot-on. That's why I love her!

No comments: